Most of the classes are capped at 18, which means you will have frequent opportunities to practice expressing your ideas in small, discussion-based courses and to receive detailed feedback on your writing. You’ll finish up your studies with a senior seminar in which you'll bring together the knowledge and skills you’ve gained throughout the major in an extended research project that demonstrates your unique perspective and voice.
Because the English major at Coe College is wide-ranging and flexible, you'll be able to tailor a course of study to your own interests while also acquiring a broad knowledge of various literary traditions and approaches to literary study. You'll also practice skills like the ability to read critically, to think creatively, and to write clearly and with verve — fundamental skills that will prepare you to adapt to a quickly changing world and for jobs that don't yet exist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Literary Studies: The Art of Reading and Writing
- The Classical Tradition
- Literatures in English to 1800
- Literatures in English after 1800
- Ancient Mythology
- The Art of Literary Research
- Literature of the American Renaissance
- British Renaissance Literature
- Romantic Literature
- Seminar in Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 1121 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Coe College Application or Common Application
- Official results of the SAT or ACT*
- Official high school transcript**
- Admission recommendation (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
- Personal essay (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
International46870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46870 USD per year during 48 months.
National46870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46870 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.