Prospective Creative Writing majors at Coe College should plan on taking a creative writing course each semester; within that guideline, there is a good deal of flexibility in how to complete the major.
Courses should be chosen in consultation with a faculty advisor in the English Department. Creative writing majors take workshops in at least two of the three genres we teach (poetry, fiction and playwriting), eventually concentrating on one genre for the Manuscript Workshop. If you wish to develop skills in writing nonfiction prose — journalism, personal essays, etc. — consider the writing major offered by the Rhetoric Department.
A collateral major in creative writing requires concurrent completion of another major. When completing a creative writing major or minor, you may not select either the major or minor in writing offered by the Rhetoric Department. If majoring in both English and creative writing, you cannot count more than two ENG-courses toward the creative writing major.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in Creative Writing
- Literary Studies: The Art of Reading and Writing
- Poetry Workshop
- Fiction Workshop
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 403 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Coe College Application or Common Application
- Official results of the SAT or ACT*
- Official high school transcript**
- Admission recommendation (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
- Personal essay (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
International46870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46870 USD per year during 48 months.
National46870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46870 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Coe College values a diverse international population and offers financial assistance to qualified students in the form of renewable scholarships, grants and on-campus work-study. The university's funds are not limitless and generally students should expect to pay for a portion of their college expenses (at least one half or more).
- International Scholarships: Merit-based scholarships are awarded based on academic performance in high school and exams such as the SAT.
- Global Leadership Scholarship (Full-Tuition): Coe College provides one full-tuition scholarship each year to a non-U.S. citizen attending high school outside of the U.S.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.