If you pursue a degree in American Studies at Coe College, you will have the opportunity to work with instructors across a wide variety of disciplines. The program affords the flexibility to tailor most of your coursework around your specific interests in American culture while learning to synthesize a variety of sources into coherent ideas. You also will be encouraged to integrate resources from the larger Cedar Rapids community into your plan of study.
If you’re seeking experiences and studies not easily contained within a single discipline, you might find the interdisciplinary nature of American studies appealing. American studies is similar to other disciplines in the humanities in that it develops your ability to think critically and to articulate those ideas effectively in writing. The program stresses the strong liberal arts experience that broadens intellectual horizons while providing sound preparation for a successful career in your desired field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Studies
- History of the United States to 1865
- History of the United States Since 1865
- Topics in American Studies: United States Pluralism
- American literature course from the English department
- Interdisciplinary Studies Colloquium
- Integrative American Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 1873 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Coe College Application or Common Application
- Official results of the SAT or ACT*
- Official high school transcript**
- Admission recommendation (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
- Personal essay (optional for students who meet Coe's minimum academic standards)
International46870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46870 USD per year during 48 months.
National46870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46870 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.