The degree, which is the first of its kind in this field, focuses on the complete range of musical theatre repertoire from operetta to current pop rock. Students perform as members of the pit orchestra in main stage musicals and plays as well as senior repertoire and showcase coursework.
Musical Theatre Accompanying at Shenandoah University focuses on your development as a pianist and prepares you to work professionally in the stylistically diverse musical theatre industry. In addition to the core music theory and literature classes, you will study traditional piano and musical theatre repertoire and techniques every semester in private lessons with one of Shenandoah’s artist-teachers. And you will receive an additional sequence of private lessons in jazz piano.
Graduates of this program are perfectly positioned to enter the professional world or pursue a graduate degree in Shenandoah Conservatory’s Master of Music in Conducting program with a musical theatre accompanying emphasis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureYou Will Learn:
- How to arrange for and accompany musical theatre rehearsals
- The history and repertoire of American musical theatre
- Acting as a tool to enhance your stage presence, including acting through song
- Dance technique and vocabulary to inform your understanding of the dance elements of a musical production
- An extensive repertoire and technique through serving as the class pianist for musical theatre courses
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Theatre & Dance View 1270 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.