For students with a passion for teaching and learning in music, this Music Education program at Shenandoah University results in licensure and 100% employment rate for those who seek teaching positions after graduation.
The program includes a balanced and sequential combination of courses and performance experiences designed to foster and develop skills as musicians and teachers, and to prepare students for successful careers in teaching. Students complete courses in music, music teaching techniques and general education studies to fulfill requirements for the PK-12 Virginia music teaching license. Licensure in other states is available through reciprocity agreements.
Our program graduates accept positions as public school music teachers, music supervisors, and music coordinators. They also go on to pursue graduate studies in diverse areas of music study and school leadership areas. our five-year job placement rate is 97%.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our curriculum embeds all licensure requirements in your course of study. Upon successful completion of your degree program you will be able to apply for your teaching license.
- Your Virginia teaching license is recognized by other states through reciprocity.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3426 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.