Sociology is a social science with contemporary practical knowledge. Sociologists study structure and change as society, culture and social forces create the foundation of our lives and our senses of self.
Sociology acknowledges the influence of society on who we are, on our subjective realities, what we can do, how we communicate and how we live. Through the major in Sociology at Shenandoah University, you’ll gain a broader understanding of its context and significance.
A bachelor’s degree in sociology prepares you for careers that require cultural competency, such as in nonprofits, NGOs, marketing, management, personnel and social policy or as a sociology teacher/professor or law student. It also prepares you as someone who can think, write, speak and see the world beyond the individual.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Classroom discussions and assessments help you practice the skill of combining a variety of facts, data, beliefs and patterns of behavior into multiple logical views.
- Stories, beliefs and common sense opinions are deconstructed, and then reconstructed into multiple alternative possibilities, allowing you to recognize cultural diversity or cultural relativism.
- You’ll practice abstract thinking, but traditional analysis is also included through reading journal articles on various topics.
- You’ll also develop oral and written interpersonal communications skills, and learn how to clearly and effectively write and present your ideas.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 1435 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.