The Jazz Studies program at Shenandoah University blends study in improvisation, arranging, jazz history and theory within a collaborative environment where intense study is combined with elective offerings in business and technology. Jazz studies graduates work as composers, recording artists, business leaders and teachers.
The philosophy of the Shenandoah Conservatory jazz studies program is grounded in the belief that 21st-century artists will work in a variety of settings, where performing, composing, studio work and teaching are important components of a successful musician’s overall career. Students receive training in technology and jazz teaching techniques, and enter the professional arena as performers and arrangers in the broad field of contemporary music which includes jazz, commercial, classical and studio music.
Graduates in Jazz Studies depart with a comprehensive ePortfolio, including a press kit, website, video and audio of performances, scores of original jazz pieces, transcriptions, and samples of writing.
Our program will prepare you to perform as the leader of your own group, and you will also know how to manage the group and develop public relations materials. You’ll have the foundation of knowledge and experience necessary to perform in jazz and contemporary ensembles, work as a studio musician, provide private instruction, lead ensembles, and teach other jazz course work, including as an adjunct faculty member at a college or university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Improvisational skills
- Composition and arranging for jazz ensembles of various sizes
- Concentrated study of jazz repertoire and jazz history
- Jazz and traditional theory studies
- Jazz pedagogy
- Music technology and its relevance in the industry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2179 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.