With abundant museums, access to the extraordinary archives of local historical societies, and a host of historical sites in varying stages of interpretation, the Winchester region, just on its own, offers a rich vein of stories yet to be tapped, in all their messy, human glory, by curious students.
While earning your Bachelor of Science in History at Shenandoah University, you can use your research skills to:
- Create virtual and augmented reality/immersive video e
- Experiences that allow viewers to immerse themselves in the past or better understand history, such as this piece about a Civil Rights-era sit-in
- Help write a book about the Winchester’s history for the city’s 275th anniversary
- Expand the interpretation of a university-owned, 195-acre Civil War battlefield to include the long-silent voices of the enslaved.
A major in History allows you to prepare for the teaching profession at the elementary, middle and secondary levels. History provides a firm foundation for many careers including museum and curatorial positions, law, journalism, teaching, government service, foreign service, as well as admission to graduate study in a specialized field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Required courses in the history major provide introductions to the primary historical traditions of world and U.S. history, political theory, methods of historical research and writing and other disciplines such as economics, literature and art, which bear on the historical process.
- Students are encouraged to use elective hours to develop depth in an area of emphasis such as American or European political and cultural histories or historic preservation.
- Students may also prepare for the teaching profession at the elementary, middle and secondary levels.
- Study methods of historical research and writing and other disciplines such as economics, literature and art, which bear on the historical process
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 1799 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.