Students select a concentrations in one of these areas:
- Business & Information Technology
You’ll complete coursework necessary to earn Virginia licensure (coursework can be adapted for teachers who are provisionally licensed), and spend 300-500 hours gaining hands-on classroom experience. Classes are available at two campuses or online and taught by faculty who hold terminal degrees and K-12 teaching licenses. Our programs are fully accredited by CAEP.
You’ll construct an e-portfolio, create a Teacher Work Sample and complete assignments that align directly with “the real world.”
Through the program’s integration of theory and practice, you’ll become a reflective learner and practitioner. Although the program focuses on school leadership, you’ll develop a broader grasp of leadership and school finance. Our accredited program meets Virginia and national standards, and is approved by the Virginia Department of Education. Shenandoah graduates serve as leaders in schools throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia.
Career And Salary Possibilities
Shenandoah University Secondary Education (6-12) graduates serve as leaders in schools throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia.
Public school teachers’ salaries are a matter of public record, and a search of a pK-12 Public School Division website will yield the salary scale.
- Human Growth and Learning
- The Teaching Profession
- Assessment Of and For Learning Middle/Secondary
- Curriculum and Instruction Middle/Secondary
- Classroom Management/School Climate
- Literacy in the Content Areas
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Secondary Education View 687 other Bachelors in Secondary Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned. For first-year applicants, a general or document-by-document report is sufficient, and must include GPA. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make arrangements for the evaluation.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International33790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16895 USD per semester during 6 months.
National33790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16895 USD per semester during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.