At its essence, the study of communication is anchored in language use and study; it is highly compatible with the literary emphases of the Department of English.
While the field embraces technical and social science dimensions, its content is philosophically rooted in the humanities. While some courses attend to the communication process, most focus on other dimensions of human activity and endeavor.
A major in Communication from the Saint Anselm College would provide a comprehensive, grounded program for consistent study and research. Communication study, by its nature, is interdisciplinary and will enhance student ability to relate concepts and principles they encounter as they pursue the core curriculum and any electives they select.
Ten reasons to major in communication at Saint Anselm College:
- To become more ethical consumers and creators of mediated messages
- To think critically about the objects and practices of everyday life
- To effectively and humanely engage in democratic discussion and debate
- To understand the implications of technology, interpersonally and within culture
- To develop professional practices and gain experiences through Communication-focused internship experiences
- To understand the centrality of communication to identify formation
- Persuasion is influence: To learn compelling and ethical modes of persuasion
- To be more mindful communicators within personal and professional relationships
- To explore opportunities to produce print and video media via the Broadcasting Club, The Crier newspaper, and the Anselmia yearbook
- Communication skills are essential: To develop versatile oral and written communication skills that are key for any profession
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Human Communication
- Introduction to Mediated Communication
- Public Speaking
- Speaking in Small Groups
- Oral Interpretation of Literature
- Beginning Acting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 1060 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- Application Fee Or Fee Waiver
- Official School Transcript(S)
- School Report
- School Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Sat I Or Act Results
International41510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41510 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National41510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41510 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.