The curriculum of the Tourism and Hospitality Management program of Johnson & Wales University will prepare you to work in all facets of the exciting, fast-paced tourism and hospitality industry, from corporate management positions in global hospitality companies to managing a tropical resort, coordinating concierge services at a high-end hotel or negotiating tours to exotic locales.
Through a term-long internship, you’ll put classroom theory to work in a real-world setting. Past locations have included international tour companies, cruise line operators, tourism offices, hotels and convention and visitor’s bureaus.
The highlight of the degree is the Familiarization (FAM) Tour — a class project during the Tour Management Operations course in which you and your team will research, negotiate schedules and implement a once-in-a-lifetime tour to an exciting destination, either in the US or abroad.
We offer a robust selection of study abroad opportunities tailored to this major, including South Africa, Spain, Australia, Belgium and Costa Rica.
Some professions may require additional study, background checks, certifications, licenses, exams and/or experience as required qualifications for employment. Students are responsible for verifying that they can meet the employment requirements of potential employers.
- Country Club Director
- Meeting, Convention and Event Planner
- International Tour Guide
- Cruise Line Social Director
- Hospitality and Tourism Manager
- Tourism Marketing Agent
- Flight Attendant
- Hotel Director
- Travel and Tourism Agent
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World Geography for Tourism and Hospitality
- Technology in the Tourism/Hospitality Industry
- International Policies of Tourism
- Tour Management Operations
- Social Media Marketing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early admission: November 1
DisciplinesHospitality Management View 181 other Masters in Hospitality Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
- Submit Admissions Forms
- Non-U.S. students transferring to JWU from another U.S. post-secondary institution must submit a Transfer Verification Form
International34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
National34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.