When the spotlights dim before an unforgettable show, or the overheads come up on a dramatic playoff game, your work is on full display. You’ve helped create an experience that will energize, thrill and captivate the crowd. It’s all yours.
Whether you’re interested in venue management or game ops, that experience can be yours. The same is true if your passion is to promote a music tour, oversee community relations for a big city entertainment facility or work with the brain trust of a professional sports team.
In the Sports, Entertainment, Event - Management program of Johnson & Wales University, you’ll take foundational courses during your first year, giving you both the basics and the time to explore your choice of specialization: Sports Management, Live Entertainment Management, or Event Management (SEEM). Then, you’ll get to experience a term-long internship or two under the direction of an industry professional. Here, you’ll build your resume and expand contacts in the profession. Back in class, you’ll have the JWU advantage of studying with highly-qualified faculty who have real experience in their industries. Along the way, participate in a directed experiential education project with fellow classmates, study abroad, pick up a minor field of study, or help manage the annual, student-run SEEM Leadership Conference on campus.
Whether you crave the pace and action of a live event in a sold-out stadium, or the more personal interaction of a seasoned guest relations manager, JWU’s SEEM programs can help you build that life.
Some professions may require additional study, background checks, certifications, licenses, exams and/or experience as required qualifications for employment. Students are responsible for verifying that they can meet the employment requirements of potential employers.
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers
- Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes
- Broadcast and Sound Engineering Technicians
- Coaches and Scouts
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- Public Relations Specialists
- Reporters and Correspondents
- Set and Exhibit Designers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Negotiations & Agreements in the HOSP & SEEM Industry
- Professional Sports Management
- Concert and Event Production
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- International Exhibitions & Events
- Athletic Coaching and Administration
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early admission: November 1
DisciplinesSports Management View 459 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
- Submit Admissions Forms
- Non-U.S. students transferring to JWU from another U.S. post-secondary institution must submit a Transfer Verification Form
International34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
National34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.