While psychology is one of the three most likely majors to spur individuals to seek a graduate degree, according to the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce, more than half of all psychology majors enter the workforce with options.
As a major in the Psychology program of Johnson & Wales University, you’ll be able to experience our academic advantages. These include small classes; faculty who get to know you, mentor you, work with you to achieve success; experiential learning and clinical opportunities from early in your academic career; and access to valuable networks that our faculty — who bring their own practical experiences to the classroom — maintain.
Our curriculum also lets you select from a generous choice of free electives and minors, where you can explore additional interests and potential career tracks. Pursue an 8-course Counseling Psychology specialization to discover effective counseling practices in a supervised clinical environment, or choose to study the theories and techniques of group therapy, crisis management, marriage and family, addiction or case management.
Some professions may require additional study, background checks, certifications, licenses, exams and/or experience as required qualifications for employment. Students are responsible for verifying that they can meet the employment requirements of potential employers.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists
- Education Administrators, postsecondary
- Industrial-organizational Psychologists
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Psychology Teachers, postsecondary
- Social and Human Service Assistants
- Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
- Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Issues and Ethics in Psychology
- Cultural Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Research Seminar in Psychology
- Psychology Internship
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early admission: November 1
DisciplinesPsychology View 1467 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
- Submit Admissions Forms
- Non-U.S. students transferring to JWU from another U.S. post-secondary institution must submit a Transfer Verification Form
International34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
National34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.