In our specialized design labs and studios, you’ll learn to solve visual communication problems using design and digital tools, including current design software and hardware. And during your junior year of the Graphic Design program of Johnson & Wales University, you’ll narrow your studies by choosing to focus in either print or web. It’s how we help you ﬁnd your career path.
Before You Graduate
You’ll have a portfolio full of your increasingly sophisticated design work. Not to mention the ability to develop a focused identity that carries through all of your presented materials — and identiﬁes you as an independent designer. You’ll hone your design skills by creating, editing and presenting visual collateral that includes the design of branding/logos, packages, publications, photography/video, typography, websites and user interface experiences.
During Your Senior Year
Gain industry experience by creating, managing and presenting design projects to actual clients from community-based organizations based in the greater Providence area.
Some professions may require additional study, background checks, certifications, licenses, exams and/or experience as required qualifications for employment. Students are responsible for verifying that they can meet the employment requirements of potential employers.
- Art Directors
- Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, postsecondary
- Career and Technical Education Teachers
- Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Film and Video Editors
- Graphic Designers
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Software Developers
- Web Developers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundation Drawing and Digital Tools
- Screen Design & Coding
- Brand Identity Design and Development
- Print Production
- Digital Video
- Design Solutions Team
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early admission: November 1
DisciplinesGraphic Design View 449 other Masters in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
- Submit Admissions Forms
- Non-U.S. students transferring to JWU from another U.S. post-secondary institution must submit a Transfer Verification Form
International34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
National34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.