The Religious Studies Department at McDaniel College offers a variety of courses designed to encourage students to think critically and analytically about the world’s diverse religious traditions. Students of religion therefore gain more than knowledge of various religions; they learn valuable analytical skills and knowledge of world history that they can apply after graduation. Our faculty is trained in a variety of religious traditions, which allows the student to gain a comprehensive exposure to religions small and large, present and past, near and far.
McDaniel has been more intentional than many programs in building contemporary methods and theories in studying religions into its program. As a culminating phase, majors are encouraged to apply what they have learned in exploring a topic of their own choosing. When they graduate, we expect our majors to be able to identify an intellectual problem pertaining to religion as a human phenomenon, bring knowledge of religions and academic traditions of their study to bear upon it, and propose, communicate, and defend a solution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Religions: An Overview
- Christianity: The Basics
- New Religious Movements
- Sex, Gender, and Religion
- Ancient Mediterranean Traditions
- Women, Judaism and Provocation
- African American Religious History
- Jesus at the Movies
- Religions in North America
- Introduction to Judaism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 134 other Bachelors in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school transcript: If you cannot secure an official high school transcript, we will gladly accept an unofficial copy that includes grades 9-11. All students are required to submit a final official transcript that demonstrates high school graduation prior to enrollment.
- Personal Essay: Your personal essay helps us become acquainted with you as a person and student, apart from courses and grades. It will also demonstrate your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself.
- Letter of Recommendation or Common Application Secondary School Report (recommended)
International45876 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45876 USD per year during 48 months.
National45876 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45876 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westminster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.