At Jewelry and Metalsmithing from Rhode Island School of Design professors help students to hone critical thinking and making skills through challenging assignments, selected readings, lively group discussions and by encouraging unconventional approaches that allow for expressive exploration.
Graduates with Jewelry and Metalsmithing from Rhode Island School of Design will be prepared to:
- think critically by questioning, evaluating options and being aware of their own working methodologies
- articulate positions and defend decisions regarding materials, making processes, location of work on the body and intended audience
- master the varied technical processes inherent to creating original work responsive to contemporary materials and methods
- demonstrate a deep understanding of both traditional gold/silversmithing and contemporary jewelry making, in terms of methods, history and culture
- understand personal aspirations in order to work from an authentic position and establish a self-reflective practice
- create work that is personally expressive and responsive to evolving global values
- be a conscientious practitioner by sourcing materials that consider environmental sustainability and other factors
- develop the agility, skills, sensibilities and rigor necessary to sustain a creative practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Adornment
- Smithing + Jewelry
- Jewelry Design: Technology and Making
- Color as Content
- Digital 3D Modeling and Rendering
- From CAD to CAM
- Metal Forming and Casting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Design View 979 other Bachelors in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- Academic transcripts
- The Assignment
- College Essay
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Test-Optional, SAT and ACT
- English language proficiency tests
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 48 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.