Mission of the School of Social Work
The School of Social Work provides educational opportunities for a diverse group of students to earn degrees at the baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral levels. The School produces graduates who apply their knowledge and skills to improve the Urban quality of life in Mississippi, the nation, and the world.
Through their work, graduates empower vulnerable individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
Graduates of the Social Work program from Jackson State University are expected to demonstrate serious concern for economic, political, and social justice through practice, continuing education, and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work
- Professional Behaviors, Ethics, and Communications
- Social Welfare Policies and Programs
- Human Diversity & Social Justice
- Human Behavior and Social Environment
- Death & Dying
- Child Welfare
- Social Legislation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 630 other Bachelors in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- American College Test (ACT) score of 16 or higher or equivalent combined Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT, excluding writing).
- An official evaluation of international academic high school credentials from an accepted service agency (e.g., World Education Services, Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., Educational Credential Evaluators, International Education Evaluations, Inc.)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International845 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 845 USD per credit during 48 months.
National845 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 845 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State345 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 345 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Jackson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.