Upon completion of the program requirements and teacher certification examinations, students apply for the New York State Initial Teacher Certification.
The Education Department at Yeshiva University also offers an 18-credit minor designed to provide non-majors with broad exposure to the principal ideas and trends in contemporary educational theory and practice. The course of study is appropriate for students who are contemplating becoming teachers of Judaic Studies or entering fields that involve teaching, e.g. Syms School of Business majors who aspire to teach in the business arena or majors in the arts whose profession may include both art-making and teaching.
Mission StatementThe mission of the Stern College for Women Department of Education is to prepare young women to become competent, capable, and caring teachers who are reflective, lifelong learners. The strong pedagogical core is aligned with the New York State Teaching Standards, Common Core Learning Standards, and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
The programs in Early Childhood Education and Childhood (Elementary) Education are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Educational Psychology
- Foundations of Early Childhood Education
- Linguistic Tools and Literacy Development in Young Children
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 708 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Completed Application
- $65 Application Fee: Payment can be processed in the personal application portal.
- Resume/Extracurricular Activity List: Please upload a resume or extracurricular activity list that details your extracurricular involvement, internships and work experience at school and in your community.
- Standardized Exams: SAT/ACT: The SAT I or ACT is required for any international students applying to the Honors Programs. Yeshiva University does not require the writing section on the SAT or ACT.
- English Proficiency Exams
- Official High School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Interview with a YU Admissions Officer
International43575 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43575 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National43575 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43575 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.