Within the liberal arts curriculum at Stern College for Women of Yeshiva University, this major is designed to deepen students' skills of visual and critical interpretation, and to prepare them for arts-related careers in teaching, professional writing, commercial enterprise, publishing and museums.
You will learn...
The Art History major offered by Yeshiva University gives students a strong foundation in the field—Western and non-Western, from ancient to modern. Students acquire an intensive knowledge of the key developments in each era, as well as familiarity with the conceptual framework of the discipline.
The program places a strong emphasis on firsthand exposure to and study of art, taking advantage of Stern Colleges prime Manhattan location. We integrate museum and site visits into all classes and design upper-level lectures and seminars around key local exhibitions and collections.
In addition, the program reflects Yeshiva University's unique character by offering classes that focus on significant Jewish themes and movements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History of Art
- Art of Ancient Greece and Rome
- Medieval Art
- Northern Renaissance Art
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 1958 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Completed Application
- $65 Application Fee: Payment can be processed in the personal application portal.
- Resume/Extracurricular Activity List: Please upload a resume or extracurricular activity list that details your extracurricular involvement, internships and work experience at school and in your community.
- Standardized Exams: SAT/ACT: The SAT I or ACT is required for any international students applying to the Honors Programs. Yeshiva University does not require the writing section on the SAT or ACT.
- English Proficiency Exams
- Official High School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Interview with a YU Admissions Officer
International43575 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43575 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National43575 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43575 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.