From the ancient Mediterranean world, to rural farmlands in South America, to the suburbs of the US Midwest, to the booming metropolises of Asia, religion is and always has been an integral feature of human life. Religion influences our personal and communal lives, our politics, the shape of our societies, and our most cherished values. Thus, in an increasingly pluralistic world, the ideal global citizen will be one who can navigate the complexity of religion with intellectual creativity, humility, and passion.
Our Religious Studies program from Rhodes College develops three broad skill competencies in our students. First, language and thought: our students critically read, study, and interpret the Bible and other religious texts, then identify, summarize and present complex ideas in accessible ways. Second, analysis: our students assess worldviews, thought systems, and practices using a range of theories and methods that engage issues concerning politics and ideology, healthcare, economics and ecology, migration and cultural geography, ethnicity and race, and gender and sexuality. Third, research: our students evaluate the claims and effects of religion, analyze human problems related to religion, and provide productive answers to enhance the wider world.
- History of Christian Thought
- Contemporary Theology
- Early Christian Literature
- Faith, Health and Justice
- Social Issues in Ethical and Religious Perspective
- Pain, Suffering, and Death
- Religion in America
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 878 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Common Application
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test scores if English is not your native language.
- Certification of Finances
- CSS PROFILE or International Student Financial Aid Application, if applying for financial aid
- Official Secondary School (High School) Transcript
- Secondary School Report and Counselor Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation from a High School Teacher
- SAT or ACT Score (Optional)
- Mid-Year Report
- Record your Elevator Pitch (Optional)
International52000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52000 USD per year during 48 months.
National52000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Memphis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.