We offer a bachelor degree in Medical Laboratory Science at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Medical Laboratory Scientists (also known as Medical Technologists) are highly skilled laboratory scientists who perform and evaluate laboratory procedures using a variety of sophisticated instruments.
They perform, supervise and provide consultation for laboratory analyses on blood and various body fluids to obtain data on which a diagnosis is made and appropriate therapy initiated.
Career opportunities are numerous in...
- Hospital and private laboratories
- Biotechnology industry
- Research and forensic laboratories
- Public Health
- Sales and lab product development
- Higher education
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Armed forces
- Molecular Diagnostics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Laboratory Scientists assume positions of increasing responsibility in clinical laboratories and within institution management structure.
- Their functions include managing the laboratory and directing the work of others performing complex laboratory analyses and making judgments about the quality of laboratory results before they are reported. Medical Laboratory Scientists must be experts in clinical laboratory science as well as in the administrative and managerial functions necessary to ensure the effective operation of clinical laboratory services.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 551 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum requirements for becoming a medical laboratory scientist includes satisfactory completion of two years of pre-professional college work, including certain prescribed courses. Students may then be admitted to a two-year professional program approved the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
- High school students can prepare for a career in Medical Laboratory Science by taking courses in physical and biological sciences, along with other college preparatory courses.
International12000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD per year during 48 months.
National12000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7990 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Memphis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.