The Audiology and Speech Pathology degree program at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center requires 90 credit hours of general education, major-related requirements and elective courses. Students then complete 30 hours of major requirements in their final year through UTHSC. All courses are taught on the Knoxville campus. A curriculum map can be found here.
The joint degree program culminates in a Bachelor of Science degree in Audiology and Speech Pathology awarded jointly through the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences (CEHHS) at UTK and the College of Health Professions at UTHSC. Tuition for this program is the same for both campuses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The joint degree undergraduate major is preparatory to graduate work and to professional certification in some aspect of speech, language, and hearing disorders. A master's degree in Speech Pathology or Doctor of Audiology degree is required for professional certificates and employment.
- Detailed information about the joint degree program may be obtained from the departmental office in Audiology and Speech Pathology, 578 South Stadium Hall or through the CEHHS’ Office of Advising and Student Services, A332 Bailey Education Complex. Students are strongly encouraged to consult with the undergraduate advisors as early as possible in their programs.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Linguistics View 551 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Upon full admission to the major, students will receive a UTHSC netID and register via UTHSC Banner to take 15 credit hours of ASP major coursework during the Fall semester (term 1 of their senior year) and 15 credit hours of ASP major coursework in the Spring semester (term 2 of their senior year), culminating in the conferral of a joint degree by UTK and UTHSC in Knoxville in May of that year.
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 throughout their final year in the major and must earn a C or better in all ASP courses. If a student’s cumulative GPA falls below 3.0, they will be transferred out of the ASP major.
International29300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29300 USD per year during 48 months.
National29300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29300 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State1110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Memphis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.