Students who major in Mathematics at Saint Xavier University are prepared for entry into graduate schools and for entry into business and industrial positions which require a bachelor's degree in mathematics.
Our faculty members are dedicated to excellence in teaching and scholarship. The broad range of faculty research interests in mathematics and mathematics education includes: abstract algebra, applied mathematics, solitary waves theory, developmental mathematics, differential geometry, discrete mathematics, history of mathematics, numerical analysis, probability and statistics, cryptography, combinatorics, mathematical knowledge for teaching, and processes by which mathematics teachers incorporate technology into their teaching.
- Solve problems from a variety of mathematical fields, thereby displaying a breadth of knowledge of mathematics.
- Communicate results and arguments clearly, effectively and correctly, both in writing and orally.
- Use, in an appropriate and effective manner, mathematics software and technology including graphing calculators, computer algebra systems and statistical software.
- Work as a member of a problem-solving team able to critically analyze and solve mathematical problems.
- Independently research a mathematical topic and write a mathematically accurate research paper, thereby displaying a depth of knowledge.
- Model real-world problems mathematically and interpret results appropriately.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discrete Mathematics
- Calculus with Analytic Geometry
- Linear Algebra
- Advanced Calculus
- Probability and Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 985 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
- Online application for undergraduate admission.
- Transcript evaluation from either Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES). The evaluation should show the student has achieved the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma.
- Letter of recommendation attesting to the student's ability to succeed in college and proficiency in English
- A notarized affidavit of support form (PDF) and notarized bank letter showing the student has financial sponsorship in the amount of $35,000 (or $47,000 if living on campus). The bank letter must be written in English by the sponsor's bank or must be translated into English.
- A photocopy or facsimile of the identification page and expiration page of the student's passport.
International33960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33960 USD per year during 48 months.
National33960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33960 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago Ridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.