About 60% of B.S. Chemistry graduates at Louisiana State University in Shreveport will work in industries ranging from huge multinational corporations to small entrepreneurial firms with the balance in academic, biomedical, and public sector institutions.
Most chemists are involved in either research and development or production of chemicals and materials. Many laboratory chemists perform analyses for biomedical, forensic, environmental, and production quality control purposes. Others are responsible for facility environmental health and product applications.
A strong background in both biology and chemistry as provided by a degree in biochemical science opens many doors to employment and graduate studies. All individuals pursuing careers in medicine must have a fundamental understanding and background in biochemistry. Opportunities for the biochemical sciences major abound in a variety of areas.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemical Science from Louisiana State University in Shreveport will prepare the student for admission to medical school, graduate schools of biology and biochemistry, professional schools of health including cardiopulmonary science, medical technology, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, etc. as well as baccalaureate level positions in research, teaching, and sales.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biochemical Science is an interdisciplinary curriculum designed to prepare graduates for vocations that utilize chemistry in biological systems.
- Students interested in graduate studies in biological sciences, chemistry, and related fields should judiciously select electives.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Natural Sciences Biochemistry View 1651 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Have completed or be on track to complete the Board of Regents High School Core curriculum.
- Have a cumulative High School GPA of at least 2.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Meet both of the following ACT/SAT sub-score requirements: Cumulative CORE GPA of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) OR an ACT composite score of at least a 20 (SAT score of 1030-1050)ACT English sub-score greater than or equal to an 18 (SAT ERW 500)
- ACT math sub-score greater than or equal to a 19 (SAT math 510)
International18526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9263 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National18526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9263 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State5372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2686 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.