The Mathematics program at Stephen F. Austin State University prepares you for work in a wide range of today's leading industries; its emphasis on logic and analytical thinking is a trait valued by employers throughout the world. This degree program also prepares you for graduate studies in mathematics or statistics.
You might decide to work with mathematicians who are developing virtual reality apps that will enable people to visualize mathematical concepts. Tomorrow, you might be part of a research project designed to study a problem that doesn’t even exist today.
You’ll have opportunities to attend professional conferences and network with scholars and practitioners in your field. You may select to present at a mathematics conference or participate in a meeting organized by the department’s math clubs.
- You’ll be able to put your mathematics skills to the test.
- You could work with local schools or work side-by-side with your professors on research projects that investigate real-world problems like how to manage dominant species in fisheries.
- Lumberjack mathematicians also explore how "hive mentality" can be modeled by participating in swarm exercises designed to simulate hive behaviors observed in honeybees.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 993 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
- Complete an accredited high school program.
- Freshman applicants who do not meet automatic admission based on high school rank will be reviewed through a holistic file review process, which considers all information submitted as part of the application.
- Submission of tests scores will not create any unfair advantage or disadvantage for those students who provide them. We still want to encourage students to take an upcoming ACT/SAT test score or submit an existing test score as the test scores may continue to be required and utilized for scholarship review.
International20416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10208 USD per semester during 48 months.
National20416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10208 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State10600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5300 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Nacogdoches
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.