The Music Education program of The University of Tampa emphasizes comprehensive musicianship, performance skills and education coursework that is specifically designed for the needs of music educators. Students learn to be effective teachers through an experiential approach that includes pre-internship observations throughout the curriculum and internships in both elementary and secondary programs during their final year of study. Students benefit professionally by studying music education in one of the largest school districts in the nation and are well-prepared for job placement as music teachers after graduating.
- teach music at all levels (K-12) in public and private schools
- perform music professionally
- teach privately
Topics of Study
- learning theories and classroom management
- experiential teaching through internships
- conducting (choral and/or instrumental)
- instrumental and vocal techniques
- music performance through private study and ensembles
- music theory and aural skills
- music literature and music history
- piano skills for musicianship
- Alexander Technique for musculoskeletal health
- jazz improvisation
- arranging and orchestration
- sound recording, editing and technology
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Music Education, Human Development and Diversity
- Reading and Teaching Music - Elementary
- ESOL Survey and Music Class Management
- Music Instruction and Assessment
- Music Fundamentals
- Basic Conducting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis until the class is full. Applying early is encouraged.
DisciplinesEducation Music Liberal Arts View 2849 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Tampa and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official transcripts of all secondary school coursework and grades translated in English.
- Essay written in English.
- A recommendation written by a counselor, teacher or headmaster.
- English language proficiency scores.
- International students also must furnish proof of available funds to cover their first year of study (including miscellaneous expenses) and each subsequent year.
- Upon admission to the University and satisfactory completion of the financial statement, an I-20 form will be sent to applicants from UT’s admissions office.
International30036 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30036 USD per year during 48 months.
National30036 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30036 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.