Exercise Sciences provides students with classroom and laboratory experiences concentrating on the applied science of human performance and physical activity. Our graduates are highly successful in pursuing graduate programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, exercise physiology, and athletic training, as well as other health, physical activity, research, and rehabilitative professions. Upon completion of the Exercise Science Program, our students are qualified to work in entry level cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, strength and conditioning, corporate fitness, and more!
The Exercise Science program consists of 120 hours, 55 of which are from required courses in the major, 38-39 of which are from the university’s colonnade requirements, and 26-27 of which are from pre-professional prerequisites, electives, or minor courses. Areas of study include human nutrition, exercise physiology, applied exercise physiology, biomechanics, motor learning, clinical exercise physiology, basic athletic training, strength & conditioning, measurement & evaluation, and exercise testing & prescription. Practicum and internship experiences are also requirements for this degree.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) prepares students of all backgrounds to be productive, engaged, and socially responsible citizen-leaders of a global society. The University provides research, service and lifelong learning opportunities for its students, faculty, and other constituents. WKU enriches the quality of life for those within its reach.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exercise Physiology
- Basic Athletic Training
- Motor Learning and Control
- Measurement and Evaluation in Kinesiology
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Testing & Prescription-class/lab
- Clinical Exercise Physiology-class/lab
- Principles of Strength and Conditioning
- Exercise and Aging
- Internship-300 work hours
- Capstone research Experience
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 874 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- A completed application (open WKU application for admission)
- Minimum academic requirements: Freshmen: 2.5 GPA / Transfer:* 2.0 GPA
- English proficiency requirements
- DuoLingo - 100 DET for one-semester Pathway program; 90 DET for two-semester Pathway program
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Official Academic Records from schools attended with grades and any degrees/diplomas/certificates received. Should also include a literal English translation.
- Financial Evidence of Support must be provided to obtain an I-20
- Students transferring from within the US will need to fill out the Transfer-In Form
International27144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13572 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National26496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13248 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State10802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5401 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.