The practice of baccalaureate social work is as exciting as it is wide-ranging. Social workers can be found working in schools, hospitals, state and county health services, child welfare service, sexual assault resource center, or any number of local non-profit organizations addressing issues related to mental health, substance use, and/or homelessness. Practice activities/tasks could include:
- Assessment: finding out what people need help with. Housing, food, counseling services?
- Intervention: working directly with individuals, families and or groups in any number of settings, sometimes in their home.
- Case management: arrange and coordinate multiple services to meet the specific person's complex needs.
- Advocacy: advocating for systemic change in our communities.
- Administration: developing and carrying out policies, programs or activities.
Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, the Social Work program of Pacific University Oregon provides students with the opportunity to study generalist social work practice with a focus on diversity, cultural competence and social justice.
Customize field experiences around your passions and learn in a secular, welcoming and tolerant atmosphere. Benefit from our partnerships with top-notch practicum sites in the Portland region and join the Social Work Club, a forum for developing and strengthening friendships among students and faculty members.
Learning Outcomes | Social Work
After Pacific | Social work graduates work in diverse settings — including criminal justice, child welfare, healthcare, school social work, government, mental health, agencies for the elderly, research organizations, advocacy, human rights, community development, international social work and substance abuse programs.
Many attend graduate programs in social work, including Pacific’s master of social work program on the Eugene Campus. Students who complete our undergraduate social work program may be eligible for an accelerated master’s program.
Student Learning Outcomes
Our Student Learning outcomes are set forth from the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Specifically, the bachelor of social work program at Pacific seeks to:
- Demonstrate Ethical and Professional Behavior
- Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice
- Advance Human Rights and Social, Economic, and Environmental Justice
- Engage In Practice-informed Research and Research-informed Practice
- Engage in Policy Practice
- Engage with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Assess Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Intervene with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Evaluate Practice with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Social Work
- Social Work Research Methods
- Human Behavior in Social Environment
- Counseling & Interviewing Techniques
- Social Policy & Social Justice
- Conflict Resolution
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 577 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Create an account and apply online using the Common Application.
- Submit High School Transcript and Diploma. Transcripts from high school must be official with a certified translation in English. All college and/or university foreign transcripts must be sent to a credit evaluation company (WES or ECE are accepted). No exceptions to this policy.
- English Proficiency - Official TOEFL or IELTS scores must be submitted if applicable.
- Letter of Recommendation from your teacher or counselor.
International48260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National48260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.