We provide more than 900 candidates with engaging coursework, a diverse set of field experiences, and opportunities to be involved in school-based service activities and education organizations on campus.
Field placements begin in the first semester and continue through all four years of studies, in a variety of settings that include both public schools and community-based settings for children and their families. Get Involved: Student PSEA (nationally recognized chapter; more than 240 members on campus).
What Can I Do With This Degree?
- The Early Grades Preparation program at the West Chester University prepares teacher candidates to become classroom teachers in PreK to Grade 4.
- Upon successful completion of the program, and successful completion of Pennsylvania’s Department of Education requirements, candidates apply for Pennsylvania certification, grades PreK to 4, the required credential to teach in Pennsylvania.
- This credential can be used to apply for similar teaching credentials in other states, pending any additional or special requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Teachers of Children
- Foundations of Special Education
- Evolution of Schooling in U.S.
- Child Development: Prebirth - 5 Years
- Middle Childhood & Adolescent Development
- Theory/Field Experiences in the Early Grades
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The admissions committee prioritizes applicants with strong academic credentials and notifies applicants of a decision on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesEducation View 3331 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the application for admission.
- Pay a $45 non-refundable application fee online by credit card. If you are eligible to use an application fee waiver, please refer to the WCU Fee Waiver Policy
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Send official SAT or ACT scores - WCU will use the highest score/section on the SAT or the highest ACT composite score. The SAT/ACT requirement will be optional for students applying for the Fall 2021 semester.
International19290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19290 USD per year during 48 months.
National19290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19290 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7716 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7716 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for West Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.