The Environmental Sciences and Studies Program at Winthrop University is an interdisciplinary program that focuses on understanding today’s environmental issues and examining topics from diverse viewpoints in anticipation of finding meaningful contributions to their solutions. The program challenges students academically while preparing them for a rewarding experience in future endeavors whether it be a compelling employment opportunity or graduate school.
If you want to be a part of this growing field, consider one of the following majors: BS in Environmental Sciences or a BA in Environmental Studies. Environmental sciences majors approach environmental issues from a technical perspective, while environmental studies majors tend to focus more on the people in the environment as they propose solutions. n addition to these exciting majors, the program also offers a minor in Sustainability that can easily be added to almost any major on campus.
The Environmental Sciences and Environmental Studies program is pleased to announce the availability of the Margaret E. Spencer Undergraduate Fellowship. This award is designed for rising juniors or seniors to conduct substantive summer projects (research, service, internship, or similar) that will help them become experts in their subject areas or gain experience working in an environmental field. These awards are available only to both Environmental Sciences and Environmental Studies majors, so long as they are conducting a project in conjunction with a faculty member on an environmentally-relevant topic.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
- Intro to Environmental Issues
- Environmental Career Exploration
- Special Topics in the Environment
- Senior Seminar in Environment
- Elements of Living Systems
- Principles of Biology
- General Botany, Zoology
- Scientific Process
- Ecology, Environmental Biol
- General Chemistry I
- General Chemistry II & Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Environmental Sciences View 1524 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate applicants (beginning freshmen and transfers) must submit official transcripts, mark sheets and examination certificates in their native language for all secondary and/or postsecondary coursework, along with certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- Official and original results of any standardized tests, such as SAT and ACT examinations
- Official documentation of English proficiency (see specific English language requirements below).
- A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $60 must accompany the application.
- A clear photocopy of identity page of passport (to ensure correct spelling of applicant's name and verification of birthdate).
International29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14818 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14818 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State15306 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7653 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Rock Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.