The program offered by the University of Maryland Eastern Shore permits the students to experience a broad liberal arts background with a high degree of competency in a selected area of concentrated study. Declared concentrations may be taken in all areas in which there are other traditional majors except education, business, and rehabilitation services. Students are advised by the department of their chosen concentration.
The General Studies academic program is individualized in that the student and the advisor design the scope and sequence of courses that will reflect the student's ability, interests, background experiences (including work), career goals, time constraints, etc.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Build a foundation for students to pursue further study in higher education.
- Afford greater access to a baccalaureate degree for the community and the nontraditional student.
- Provide students an avenue for the self-fulfillment that comes with an academic degree.
- Provide students an opportunity to explore a wide variety of career options.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Speech
- Social Deviance and Control
- Social Work
- History of American Civilization
- Abnormal Psychology
- Adjustment in Today's World
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Sociology General Studies & Classics View 1585 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed admissions application with a non-refundable $25.00 application fee in U.S. dollars.
- An official evaluation of all academic records (credential evaluation) from WES, ECE or AACRAO. Please request a course-by-course evaluation including a grade point average (GPA). The evaluation should be accompanied by an official copy of each academic record.
- Official scores to confirm English proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL scores). Conditional admission is not offered for applicants whose scores do not meet the minimum required scores below, or for those who do not have scores to submit. The scores should be no more than two years old.
- An official copy of the test results from taking either the SAT I or ACT.
International15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State5418 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5418 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.