Art Education from Southern Connecticut State University would enable you to turn your interests into a career in teaching.
In the Art Department at Southern, we can nurture your vision and ambition, and help you to develop and refine the professional skills you will need to navigate the contemporary art world.
Obtaining your B.S. in Art Education at Southern will provide you with the Connecticut Initial Educators Certificate to launch your journey as a Pre-K-12 art teacher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Western Art
- Color and 2-D Design
- Three Dimensional Design
- Ceramics: Handbuilding
- Socially Engaged Art Education
- Strategies and Methods for Teaching Art
- Curriculum Development in Art Education
- Child Development and Psychology for Educators
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts View 3565 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- Official high school transcript from an accredited secondary school or official GED equivalency diploma or GED transcript.
- 1 letter of recommendation from a teacher or school counselor
- Official standardized test score report from ACT or SAT (Reading/Writing + Math; Essay not required)
- Complete the Common Application for Admission online.
- An essay or personal statement is required within the Common Application.
- Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee (payable online by debit card, credit card or e-check)
- a high school GPA in the B range
- a combined score on the NEW SAT in the range of 980 to 1180
- an ACT composite score in the range of 18-21
International18436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9218 USD per semester during 48 months.
National18436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9218 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3081 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.