At Public Relations from Roger Williams University you’ll build your portfolio with real clients, network with professionals through RWU’s chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) and complete an internship to gain real-world experience in corporate, nonprofit and agency public relations.
Graduates with Public Relations from Roger Williams University will:
- Design and perform public relations research and understand findings, in order to solve an organization's communications problems.
- Develop public relations plans for various internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrate strategic-level analysis and critical thinking.
- Demonstrate expertise in problem identification, resolution development and implementation for communication-related issues.
- Assess and apply major tactical-level communication tools based on overall public relations plan strategy.
- Develop expertise in writing public relations materials based on the needs of the organization being served.
- Gain a theoretical understanding of the principles of public relations and the mass media and how to adapt to the changing media landscape.
- Encourage comprehension of both solid communication and public relation theory and practical communication skills training.
- Instill knowledge of how emerging technologies intersect with public relations and are used by organizations, audiences and the public in the 21st Century.
- Provide service and outreach to the academic and professional communities of which we are a part both nationally and internationally.
- Support the missions of the Department of Communication and Rogers Williams University.
- Writing for the Mass Media
- Principles and Practices of Public Relations
- Public Relations Research Methods
- Public Relations Techniques
- Public Relations Case Studies
- Marketing Principles
- Mass Media
- Digital Communication: Technology, Modes & Methods
- Mass Comm Theory & Criticism
- Media Law and Ethics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
Rolling admission for spring start date.
DisciplinesMarketing Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 446 other Bachelors in Public Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A submitted Common Application with Essay
- Official high school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation
- Your most recent high school transcripts
- Documentation of Financial Support
- SAT and/or ACT scores are not required, but can be sent as additional supporting material.
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are not required. However, we do suggest if you have those scores to send them in order to receive the best admission placement for your English level.
International37944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37944 USD per year during 48 months.
National37944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37944 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.