English Literature from Roger Williams University helps you in developing the intellectual and critical thinking skills to analyze what you read and see defend your positions in papers, publications and discussions.
Graduates with English Literature from Roger Williams University will:
- Recognize a variety of British, American and global authors from a range of literary periods
- Explain the hallmarks of more than one literary period in history, enriched by an understanding of the way in which texts can both reflect (or contradict) the literary periods in which they occur
- Interpret literary meaning of texts, using close-reading, theoretical analysis, and an understanding of a text’s place in its cultural/historical context.
- Develop and apply database and library research skills to better interpret literature and to situate it in a historical context.
- Write cogent critical essays supporting a unified thesis with claims and evidence.
- Revise and edit syntax and mechanics.
- Assess survey secondary sources (primary sources, literary criticism, historical resources, etc.) for usefulness in critical essay and use them to support their own critical interpretations.
- Form in Poetry
- Contemporary Drama
- The Rhetoric of Narrative
- Art of Writing: Forms of the Essay
- Environmental Rhetoric
- Writing the City
- Advancing Public Argument
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
Rolling admission for spring start date.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 1923 other Bachelors in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A submitted Common Application with Essay
- Official high school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation
- Your most recent high school transcripts
- Documentation of Financial Support
- SAT and/or ACT scores are not required, but can be sent as additional supporting material.
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are not required. However, we do suggest if you have those scores to send them in order to receive the best admission placement for your English level.
International37944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37944 USD per year during 48 months.
National37944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37944 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.