You will find a learning environment where students work with outstanding faculty and staff to gain knowledge and skills, share professional experiences with expert clinical preceptors, and become exceptional nurses. Our professional and educational standards, our innovative responses to changing health care markets, and our distinguished history of educating students for lives of service have earned the School of Nursing a reputation for excellence in the Pacific Northwest. Our esteemed alumni include a member of the United States House of Representatives. We invite you to become a part of our tradition.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate the dimensions of person, nursing, and environment to promote health in a variety of nursing situations.
- Provide evidence-based clinically competent care of individuals, families, and communities in a variety of settings across diverse populations.
- Enact the role of service as a professionally educated member of society.
- Employ principles of ethical leadership, quality improvement, and cost effectiveness to foster the development and initiation of safety and quality initiatives within a microsystem or entire system.
- Collaborate in the interprofessional design, management, and coordination of safe, quality care.
- Pursue practice excellence, lifelong learning, and professional engagement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how healthcare policy, including financial and regulatory, affect the improvement of healthcare delivery and/or health outcomes.
- Demonstrate the use of information systems, patient care technologies, and interprofessional communication strategies in support of safe nursing practice.
The School of Nursing is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
A Pacific Lutheran University Bachelor of Science in Nursing curriculum is based on the American Associate of Colleges of Nursing Essentials of Baccalaureate Education in Nursing (2008) and achievement of the program outcomes will enable graduates to practice as generalist nurses within a complex healthcare system.
The BSN curriculum builds on the PLU core liberal education in the arts, humanities and sciences as the cornerstone for the practice of nursing.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 1606 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fill out the application
- Submit an essay
- Submit one letter of recommendation
- Send official transcripts translated to English from all schools you’ve attended (upper secondary and any schools you are currently attending)
- Pay the $40 (U.S.) application fee (If you apply online, the application fee is waived.)
- Complete the Declaration of Finances form
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores, or other proof of English language proficiency, if your first language is other than English
- Copy of your passport photo page
International43264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43264 USD per year during 48 months.
National43264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43264 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tacoma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
PLU offers a number of scholarships to recognize academic achievement, talent, leadership, and service, as well as the promise of continued success in these areas as a PLU student.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.