At Cultural Studies from Roger Williams University you will examine impact of identity on American culture. Through lenses of race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, region, class, immigration, nationality, age, dis/ability, and religion, we study the ways that positionality affect the lived experiences of people. You will have the opportunity to craft your own interdisciplinary program of study that concentrates on aspects of American culture and society that will best prepare you for life after college.
Graduates with Cultural Studies from Roger Williams University will:
- Use the tools and strategies of a variety of academic disciplines to write and speak confidently and persuasively.
- Locate, analyze, and interpret a variety of resources with logic, clarity, and persuasiveness.
- Demonstrate a sophisticated appreciation of the complexities and ambiguities in culture.
- Address the nature of transnational exchanges.
- Critique how categories of identity are produced by and reimagined in the face of systems of power.
- Approaches to the Study of Society and Culture
- Cultural Studies Research Methods
- Race, Gender, and Sexuality in America
- Ethnicity, Class and Region in America
- American Material and Popular Culture
- American Ideas and Institutions
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
Rolling admission for spring start date.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies American Studies View 270 other Bachelors in American Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A submitted Common Application with Essay
- Official high school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation
- Your most recent high school transcripts
- Documentation of Financial Support
- SAT and/or ACT scores are not required, but can be sent as additional supporting material.
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are not required. However, we do suggest if you have those scores to send them in order to receive the best admission placement for your English level.
International37944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37944 USD per year during 48 months.
National37944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37944 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.