Physical Education and Recreation from Gallaudet University helps you expand your career options with our athletic coaching minor, which has prepared graduates for positions in mainstream and deaf schools, colleges and universities.
Graduates with Physical Education and Recreation from Gallaudet University will:
- demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary for competent movement performance to attain and maintain an active lifestyle of fitness and wellness.
- demonstrate knowledge of the cultural and historical significance of sports, games, and play; and incorporate these into the framework of lifespan physical activity and wellness.
- design and lead physical and recreational activities that reflect cultural and social diversity to meet the needs of individuals/groups with varied physical, social, mental and emotional abilities.
- apply discipline-specific, scientific and theoretical concepts, analytical methods and best practices to design, implement and evaluate Physical Education and Recreation activities in a variety of settings.
- exhibit personal and social behavior that demonstrates respect of self and others in an ethical and professionally responsible manner.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Biology
- Physical Education and Recreation
- Anatomy and Physiology for Human Service Majors
- Leading Physical and Recreation Activities
- Outdoor Experiential Learning
- Concepts and Skills of Sports
- Concepts and Skills of Physical Fitness
- Concepts and Skills of Racquet Sports
- Motor Learning
- Event Planning and Management
- Physiology of Exercise
- Physical Education and Wellness in a School Environment
- Athletic Coaching
- Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Recreation
- Management of Physical Education and Recreation
- Adapted Physical Education and Recreation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Rolling admissions for national students until all spaces are filled.
- International deadline for fall admission on July 1 is the priority deadline
DisciplinesEducation Nutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences View 953 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Submit an online application
- $50 application fee
- An essay (the essay question can be found in the online application)
- A letter of recommendation from an academic teacher who teaches core subjects such as English, mathematics, or social studies
- Unofficial high school and college transcripts (if applicable)
- ACT , SAT, or TOEFL scores (or alternative testing)
- Certification of Finances form
- Sponsor's Affidavit of Support form
- F-1 Transfer Request form (if transferring from a college in the U.S.)
International24768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24768 USD per year during 48 months.
National16512 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16512 USD per year during 48 months.
- International students (Developing countries): $24,768 per year
- International students (Non-Developing countries): $33,024 per year
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.