You’ll come out of the Communication Studies program at Gallaudet University with the ability to think critically, express ideas impactfully, and understand the diverse forms of communication that reach a broad audience.
Students will graduate with an understanding of how communication theory is used in professional environments. They will learn how communication informs, solves problems, persuades, and delivers messages that resonate.
Classes range from non-verbal communication, public speaking, and visual communication. Students will have the ability to put their knowledge and experience into practice as they take up positions of influence in their communities.
- Communication Research
- Intergroup Dialogue
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Interpersonal Communication
- Interpersonal and Group Conflict Management
- Mediation, Deliberation, and Dialogue
- Public Relations
- Communication Accessibility
- Advanced Public Presentations
- Nonverbal Communication
- Gender and Communication
- Political Communication
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National: rolling admissions
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 543 other Bachelors in Public Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Gallaudet University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete an online application, including the $50 application fee
- One written essay and one video essay in American Sign Language
- A letter of recommendation from an academic teacher who teaches a core subject such as English, mathematics, or social studies
- Unofficial high school and college transcripts (if applicable)
- ACT, SAT, or TOEFL scores (or alternative testing)
- Certification of Finances form
- Sponsor’s Affidavit of Support form
- F-1 Transfer Request form (if transferring from a college in the U.S.)
International24768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12384 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16512 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8256 USD per semester during 48 months.
- International (Developing Country): $12,384 per semester
- International (Non-Developing Country): $16,512 per semester
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.