Through a unique curriculum, world-class faculty, undergraduate research, focused internships, and complementary coursework, you’ll develop the critical skills and practical experience to make your mark on the future.
Our Political Science faculty are experts in their field with active research agendas. Many have also been practitioners, working in the worlds of state and local government, non-profits, and political consulting. They bring this unique perspective to their role as teachers and mentors, and they actively collaborate with undergraduates on important research to be presented at the national and international levels. Small class sizes mean our faculty get to know you as an individual, providing close advising in your coursework, internships, and future career.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students of the Political Science program from Marist College will gain a basic understanding of international U.S. national politics, political theory, and civic engagement.
- Students will develop their ability to write clearly, accurately, and persuasively about political issues and ideas.
- Students will analyze political events and processes using a wide variety of information resources, including quantitative data.
- Students will develop their critical thinking skills by conceptualizing problems precisely, synthesizing complex information, and constructively engaging with ideas different from their own.
- Students will develop a broad understanding of engaged citizenship and of various cultural and ideological perspectives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMarist’s Political Science degree combines broad exposure to the discipline with the ability to specialize in your areas of interest, which can drive your career path.
- Have an interest in American Politics? Take courses such “History of the American Presidency” and “Citizens and Political Organizations.”
- Passionate about international affairs? Take courses like “Democracy and Dictatorship” and “U.S. Foreign Policy.”
- Want to think deeply about political philosophy? You can take courses in “Contemporary Political Thought” and “Race & Political Thought.”
- Looking for an applied perspective? Consider courses such as “Global Health” and “Environmental Politics and Policy.”
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision: November 15th
- Early Action: November 15th
- Early Decision 2: February 1st
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 1426 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Marist College and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application: You can choose between the Marist Application (online or print) or Common Application
- Secondary school transcript(s)
- SAT/ACT scores: Marist is a test-optional school, but you can still submit your scores for consideration
- One Letter of Recommendation: Counselor letter of recommendation is required.
- Personal essay
- Any supplemental materials: Check if your desired program requires application supplements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
National43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.