Student Learning Outcomes
- By taking the Applied Mathematics program from Marist College , you develop a broad understanding of the field of mathematics
- Learn to communicate and assimilate mathematical information effectively
- Become familiar with interdisciplinary applications of mathematics
- Learn how to access and utilize resources that will facilitate further mathematical study or research
Undergraduate Mathematics Objectives:
- Student Learning Outcome 1A: The student will have sufficient mathematical knowledge to begin a career teaching mathematics at the secondary school level.
- Student Learning Outcome 1B: The student will have sufficient mathematical knowledge to begin graduate studies in mathematics or applied mathematics.
- Student Learning Outcome 1C: The student will have sufficient mathematical knowledge to begin a career in mathematics, applied mathematics or a related field.
- Student Learning Outcome 2A: The student will write clear and concise solutions to computational problems.
- Student Learning Outcome 2B: The student will critically analyze theorems, proofs, and larger mathematical writings for the completeness, accuracy and effectiveness of their presentation.
- Student Learning Outcome 2C: The student will write convincing arguments to prove or disprove mathematical statements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Applied Mathematics curriculum is designed to be customizable based on your specific career goals and interests. This customization comes in the form of four unique interdisciplinary tracks:
- Biology Track: apply mathematics to the fields of biology and medicine
- Chemistry Track: develop your mathematics skills as they pertain to the different fields of chemistry
- Computer Science Track: take your mathematics further into the fields of data science, programming, and information technology
- Financial/Actuarial Track: enter the fields of financial management, economics, finance, and more
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision: November 15th
- Early Action: November 15th
- Early Decision 2: February 1st
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 968 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Marist College and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application: You can choose between the Marist Application (online or print) or Common Application
- Secondary school transcript(s)
- SAT/ACT scores: Marist is a test-optional school, but you can still submit your scores for consideration
- One Letter of Recommendation: Counselor letter of recommendation is required.
- Personal essay
- Any supplemental materials: Check if your desired program requires application supplements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
National43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.