The objectives of the Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management program offered by South Dakota School of Mines & Technology are to produce graduates who:
- Contribute to the success of companies through effective problem solving
- Design, develop, implement, and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and environments
- Effectively manage business operations and project management teams
- Continue to develop holistically, including the personal and professional skills necessary to adapt to our changing societal, technological, and global environments
- Graduates of the industrial engineering and engineering management program are expected to meet the challenges for contemporary professional practice; be able to adapt and solve the increasingly complex problems faced by industry; embrace innovation through intellectual diversity and creative problem solving; and continue to develop holistically as a learner to become leaders of tomorrow
At the time of graduation students completing the BS IEEM degree will be able to demonstrate the following outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering;
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- An ability design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability;
- An ability to function on a multidisciplinary team;
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- An ability to communicate effectively;
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and social context;
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning;
- A knowledge of contemporary issues; and
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
The industrial engineering and management program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- General Chemistry
- Introduction to Mechanical Engineering/Lab
- Introduction to CADD/Lab
- General Psychology
- Introduction to Quality Methods and Teaming
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
No deadline for admission. However, all international applicants should submit their documents at least three months prior to the start of the semester.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 1743 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Completed online application
- Academic credentials (translated into English)
- English proficiency
- SAT or ACT scores
- Evaluation of academic credentials
- Financial information documenting ability to pay
International15400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 USD per year during 48 months.
National15400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Rapid City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.