The objectives of the Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management program from South Dakota School of Mines and Technology are to produce graduates who:
- Contribute to the success of companies through effective problem solving
- Design, develop, implement, and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and environments
- Effectively manage business operations and project management teams
- Continue to develop holistically, including the personal and professional skills necessary to adapt to our changing societal, technological, and global environments
- Graduates of the industrial engineering and engineering management program are expected to meet the challenges for contemporary professional practice; be able to adapt and solve the increasingly complex problems faced by industry; embrace innovation through intellectual diversity and creative problem solving; and continue to develop holistically as a learner to become leaders of tomorrow
With a degree in industrial engineering from Mines, you will have everything it takes to pursue a career in fields such as:
- manufacturing, operations, logistics
- facilities design
- materials handling
- plant manager, quality control
- systems or process engineer
- research or global sourcing analyst
- ergonomics, workplace safety
- hazard recognition and control, emergency response
The industrial engineering and management program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- General Chemistry
- Mechanical Engineering/Lab
- General Psychology
- Quality Methods and Teaming
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
No deadline for admission. However, all international applicants should submit their documents at least three months prior to the start of the semester.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Engineering Management General Engineering & Technology View 414 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- Completed online application and the State of South Dakota application fee of $20.00.
- Academic credentials (translated into English). This includes high school transcripts and transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions attended.
- English proficiency
- SAT or ACT scores - Math sub-scores should be a minimum of 520 on the SAT or 20 on the ACT. If the SAT or ACT is not readily available in your country, alternatives will be considered.
- Evaluation of academic credentials may be required- Check with the Ivanhoe International Center first before sending documents.
International14860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14860 USD per year during 48 months.
National14860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14860 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10440 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Rapid City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.