At Second Degree Option from University of Detroit Mercy you'll build supportive relationships with other SDO students by moving through your courses together in a cohort model.
Graduates with Second Degree Option from University of Detroit Mercy will be able to:
- Provide compassionate care with a commitment to social justice.
- Evaluate culturally sensitive person-centered care practices in health promotion, risk reduction, disease prevention and illness management for the health of people across the lifespan.
- Manage the delivery of person-centered care through effective delegation, prioritization and leadership practices.
- Use transparent person-centered nursing interventions in assessing the client’s environment, prioritizing care and following established health care (institution/agency) policies and procedures.
- Use quality improvement models to analyze health care delivery systems and policies that affect the health of people.
- Implement knowledge driven actions in professional nursing practice derived from a variety of theoretical perspectives.
- Lifespan Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Population Health and Epidemiology
- Integrative Seminar For Nursing Practice
- Nursing Leadership Immersion
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 631 other Bachelors in Nursing in United States
- High school transcript
- ACT or SAT scores
- A writing sample of at least 250 words on a topic of your choice
- Letter of recommendation
- Submit a CV or Resume
- An official bank statement showing a total amount to cover the first year of study including tuition and living expenses.
- Submit a copy of the information pages of your passport.
- English proficiency
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- All sciences and math must be completed within the last seven years, and with a minimum of a “C”
- No more than three repeated courses
International43452 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21726 USD per semester during 16 months.
National14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 USD per semester during 16 months.
In-State14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 USD per semester during 16 months.
Living costs for Highland Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.