Geology from Sewanee The University Of The South coursework is integrated with coursework in forestry, soils, hydrology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics. Course topics include rocks, minerals, fossils, deep time, landforms and the processes that shape them, planetary formation and evolution, water quality, and climate change.
Sewanee graduates secure positions in a variety of fields. Some you would expect, others are a bit of a surprise. Sewanee prepares you for your profession and your passion. Below is a sampling of recent graduates' first jobs.
- Geosteering and logging geologist, Diversified Well Logging, Permian Basin, Texas.
- Staff geologist, TriAD Environmental Consultants, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Surgical Assistant, Erlanger Hospital, Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Geologist, Geological Society of America, Canon City, Colorado.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Oral Presentations
- Physical Geology
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Earth Systems and Climate Change
- Economic Geological Resources
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Forestry View 69 other Bachelors in Forestry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Free Common Application
- SAT/ACT scores (optional)
- Financial Documents
- English Proficiency Exam
- Official High School Transcript
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
International61680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61680 USD per year during 48 months.
National61680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61680 USD per year during 48 months.
Comprehensive fee includes tuition, room and board, and fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.