French and French Studies from Sewanee The University Of The South develops each of the pillars of the National Foreign Language Standards: communication, cultures, connections, comparisons, and communities. Language classes are designed to help you develop skills in speaking and writing French as well as in reading literary texts. We integrate culture, history, and technology into our classes, creating a cross-disciplinary approach to the curriculum.
French is both the language of love and reason. It opens up the world, and there is no limit to what you can accomplish once you speak it fluently. Sewanee prepares you for your profession and your passion. Below is a sampling of recent graduates' first jobs.
- Advertising coordinator, The Advertising Research Foundation, New York, New York.
- Lectrice for the Département d'Anglais, Université de Nantes, Nantes, France.
- Education associate, French and Spanish Teacher, Children's Museum of Denver, Denver, Colorado.
- Wine distributor, Burlington Wine, Burlington, Vermont.
- Early French Literature
- The Seventeenth Century
- The Eighteenth Century
- Coupling and Creativity in the 19th Century
- Contemporary Literature
- The History of French Cinema
- From the Household to the Department Store: Reimagining Economy
- The Art of French-English Translation
- French Linguistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 2195 other Bachelors in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Free Common Application
- SAT/ACT scores (optional)
- Financial Documents
- English Proficiency Exam
- Official High School Transcript
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
International16438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 65754 USD for the full programme during 48 months.
National16438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 65754 USD for the full programme during 48 months.
Comprehensive fee includes tuition, room and board, and fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.