The Physics program at the Reed University is about something that nspired the creative work of mathematicians, philosophers, and social scientists and has repeatedly transformed the framework of civilization. The physics curriculum at Reed College is designed to provide rigorous preparation for those who plan careers in the field while at the same time serving the needs of interested liberal arts students.
Mission of the College
Reed College is an institution of higher education in the liberal arts devoted to the intrinsic value of intellectual pursuit and governed by the highest standards of scholarly practice, critical thought, and creativity.
Its undergraduate program of study, leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts, is demanding and intense and balances breadth of knowledge across the curriculum with depth of knowledge in a particular field of study. The goal of the Reed education is that students learn and demonstrate rigor and independence in their habits of thought, inquiry, and expression.
- General Physics
- Oscillations and Waves
- Modern Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 1653 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- Reed Writing Supplement
- Self-reported SAT or ACT scores if available (neither will be used in our evaluation)
- School Report (completed by your counselor; this form is available through the Common Application)
- Counselor recommendation
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (for any college you have attended, whether or not you want credit for those courses at Reed)
- Two Teacher Evaluations (from two different academic disciplines; must be different from the counselor recommendation, as well)
- Early Decision Agreement
- (ED I and ED II applicants only, must be signed by the applicant, parent/guardian, and high school counselor)
International62420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62420 USD per year during 48 months.
National62420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62420 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.