The department offers two majors: studio art and art history. Students are not permitted to double-major in studio art and art history because there is significant overlap in courses required for each major.
Students majoring in Studio Art at Lewis and Clark College must choose a medium in which to specialize. Studio areas are ceramics, drawing, painting, photography, digital media and sculpture.
To allow for the planning required in the junior and senior years of the Studio Art major, students must declare the major and select a faculty advisor by the end of their sophomore year.
- Think critically and discuss their work and that of their peers within the cultural context of art history and global artistic practice
- Cultivate and refine a visual vocabulary and verbally articulate the conceptual basis of their work.
- Implement appropriate materials, techniques, and concepts to create informed, intentional and communicative works of art.
- Apply analytical and research skills through a variety of methods, including senior capstone exhibition, collaborative research, and professional practices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Painting Fundamentals
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 1958 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary School Report
- Teacher Recommendation completed by a teacher who has taught you in an academic course (English, mathematics, science, foreign language, history, or social studies) in 10th-12th grade
- Personal essay/statement
- Leadership, community service and work experience, and extracurricular involvements
- Expressed interest in the college or personal interview (interviews are recommended, but not required)
- SAT or ACT scores, if submitted. Please see our Test-Optional Policy.
International54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.