The Biology program at the Reed College draws strength from a long-standing tradition of combining research and teaching in ways that benefit both our students and our faculty. The historic and continued success of Reed biology majors demonstrates the effectiveness of our approach.
The support for biological teaching and research at Reed is exceptional, with resources and funds contributed from the college, from outside foundations, and from research grants to individual faculty.
Our facilities, equipment and technical support are first rate, with students using state-of-the-science materials and methods in both their laboratory coursework and original (often independent) research. Our students learn by doing biology, with the senior thesis providing the ultimate proof of that statement.
- Topics in Biology
- Computational Biology
- Scientific Literature and Discourse
- Plant Communities of the Pacific Northwest
- Leaves to Landscapes
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 3075 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- Reed Writing Supplement
- Self-reported SAT or ACT scores if available (neither will be used in our evaluation)
- School Report (completed by your counselor; this form is available through the Common Application)
- Counselor recommendation
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (for any college you have attended, whether or not you want credit for those courses at Reed)
- Two Teacher Evaluations (from two different academic disciplines; must be different from the counselor recommendation, as well)
- Early Decision Agreement
- (ED I and ED II applicants only, must be signed by the applicant, parent/guardian, and high school counselor)
International62420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62420 USD per year during 48 months.
National62420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62420 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.