The Classical Studies program from John Carroll University encompasses the languages and cultures of ancient Greek and Roman civilizations. Classics is by nature an interdisciplinary field, involving literature, art and archaeology, history, philosophy, mythology, and religious studies. Latin and Greek language skills serve as the foundation for any of these pursuits, and can also be a great aid to building vocabulary and language skills in English.
Latin and Greek literature introduce you to classical authors whose excellence is beyond question and whose works and genres have influenced western literature down to our own day. By taking the long view of world events, classical studies encourages students to examine fundamental human questions about mortality, heroism, war and peace, and the nature of the good life.
- Classical Languages track: Nine 3-credit courses in GK and/or LT at any level;
- Classical Studies track: Six 3-credit courses in GK and/or LT at any level, plus CL 220, CL 250, CL 330, or another approved literature course; two of the following: CL 301, CL 302, HS 205, HS 305, AH 317, or another approved CL, HS, or AH course; two of the following: PL 210, PL 215, TRS 205, or another approved PL or TRS course; CL 410.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
John Carroll University reviews applications and accepts students on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesInternational Relations General Studies & Classics View 582 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the Common Application online.
- Ask your high school counseling office to submit your official transcript, Common Application School Report and/or Common Application Counselor Recommendation. A Common Application Teacher Evaluation is optional.
- Submit your ACT and/or SAT test results.
International42676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42676 USD per year during 48 months.
National42676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42676 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for University Heights
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.