- As a Piano student at the school, you will work with our internationally renowned faculty, and receive lessons from a senior teacher—not from an assistant or surrogate.
- The traditional private lesson is vital in our curriculum; you will also participate in piano studio classes, master-classes with New England Conservatory of Music faculty and such visiting artists as Emanuel Ax, Richard Goode, Murray Perahia, Menahem Pressler, András Schiff, Fou T'song, solo and concerto competitions, and festivals.
- You will learn by participating in chamber music ensembles and by interacting with colleagues both within and outside the major.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Piano Class
- Piano Performance Seminar
- Piano Pedagogy
- Piano Literature
- Music Theory
- Liberal Arts
- General Education Electives
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2255 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application, which will include submission of your prescreening recording (if required for your major or program)
- All applicants must submit short essays (75-300 words each)
- All applicants must submit an Artistic Resume into the online application.
- unofficial transcripts
- English proficiency documentation (if applicable),
- All applicants must submit supporting letters of recommendation. NEC does not use a specific recommendation form; instead, recommenders should compose an original statement on the applicant's behalf.
- application fee of $115.
International51440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51440 USD per year during 48 months.
National51440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51440 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.