- The bonds you form with your Brass colleagues in an NEC Honors Ensemble may lead to staying together for the remainder of your studies at NEC—or you may find or confirm a life-long vocation through this program.
- Groups that exhibit both extraordinary accomplishment and a commitment to work together are encouraged to audition midway through fall semester for NEC's Honors Ensemble program. An outside panel of jurors reviews classical chamber music groups. New England Conservatory of Music faculty select jazz and "wild card" groups. The groups selected through this process become NEC Honors Ensembles for the remainder of the school year, during which time they receive special mentoring and the guarantee of a Jordan Hall recital.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Horn Class
- Trombone Class
- Trumpet Class
- Brass Orchestral Repertoire Class
- Entrepreneurial Musicianship
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2255 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application, which will include submission of your prescreening recording (if required for your major or program)
- All applicants must submit short essays (75-300 words each)
- All applicants must submit an Artistic Resume into the online application.
- unofficial transcripts
- English proficiency documentation (if applicable),
- All applicants must submit supporting letters of recommendation. NEC does not use a specific recommendation form; instead, recommenders should compose an original statement on the applicant's behalf.
- application fee of $115.
International51440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51440 USD per year during 48 months.
National51440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51440 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.